Monday, August 6, 2012

Workshops

Over the weekend I had some Workshops at my agency. We worked on our Runway Walk, since we have some fashion shows coming up.

It has been really fun so far. Lucky me, I was told I naturally had a good runway walk. Obviously it wasn't perfect, but I have long legs and therefore a nice long stride. For 3 hours we walked back and forth down our "runway" working on posture, stride, expression, and balance. I definitely have improved since the first day and I didn't know it could be difficult! It isn't simply walking gracefully. Here are tips on how to do the Runway Walk:

1. Keep Your Shoulders Back
2. Lean Back Slightly
             Don't overdo it, but when you roll your shoulders back, lean a little.
3. Keep Your Legs Straight
             Many people start awkwardly walking with their legs bent when trying to lengthen their stride. Take extended steps by keeping your legs pretty straight but don't lock them.
4. One Foot In Front of the Other
            This takes a while to get used to in heels. Don't cross your feet too much, but pretend you are walking on a straight line. Don't forget a long stride!
5. Fierce Face
            One of the things I have to work on is a fierce face. The instructor tells some of us models to furrow our brow or give a slightly angry look. This gives you that fierce look you want on the runway. Don't smile!
6. Arm Swing
            Only slightly swing your arms, DON'T overdo it!
7. Pace
            Walk a little briskly to go with your fierce, confident face. I learned; walk a little faster for long runways, and a little slower for shorter runways.

Those are the tips I learned which are definitely helpful! I had to buy taller shoes to practice in for the workshop but, hey, it gave me an excuse to buy adorable black pumps! I'm super pumped for my upcoming shows and will practice my fierce face. So far, modeling has been a great experience!!

Thanks for reading! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving the comment! :)