Thursday, August 23, 2012

Ted Baker Show

Today was the day I headed over to the Mint to model Ted Baker clothing in Fox 10 news. I arrived with my hair and makeup done and super excited for this next adventure. Although when I walked in, nobody was there. I was 20 minutes early, but I figured it was best to be early than late!

Finally everyone arrived and I was the only girl model from my agency, and definitely the youngest. Everyone had no clue I was only 15! I knew a few of the male models since they were also from Jani, but I also met these two other models who were extremely welcoming and fun.

Our clothes were brought in all organized with each outfit hung neatly on a rack with our names on them. I grabbed mine and was told I had an outfit change. But it was okay, because my new outift was adorable as well and definitely more fall looking. Unfortunately my shoes did not fit, (they were soo adorable!) but it was a good thing I brought my own nude pumps! (That is why you ALWAYS bring your own shoes just in case!) After I completed my outfit with the cutest pink rhinestone clutch, I was ready to hit the runway.

Fawn showed us exactly what sh had planned and soon we were practicing. Unfortunately we had to climb up these wobbly, portable, metal stairs. In heels. High heels. As you probably have guessed, that was extremely challenging and coming down was the hardest. But the guys were all willing to help the girls up and down. During one of the practice rounds on my way down though, my shoe missed the step and I slipped backwards. Luckily I was caught pretty quickly, and although I was slightly embarrassed, I picked myself up and laughed it off. I wasn't going to let it phase me and soon I was back climbing up those steps onto the runway. Good thing it didn't happen on TV!

The Fox 10 News reporter and camera man arrived and the segment lasted a few minutes. We walked in the background on our runway and I felt like I did really well. I loved my outfit and didn't stumble walking in my heels. I'd have to say I did a pretty good job. Sure I was a little nervous, but after my third time in front of the news camera it didn't take long to calm my nerves. Plus, for me it is more fun than anything, and I always remember how glad I am to be doing all of this.

When the segment wrapped up the news reporter told us how every Friday their channel does a segment where they cut to random people around the valley dancing. So she asked us if we would like to film a segment that would air tomorrow. Of course we all said yes! It was a great, fun way to end a successful day.

Unfortunately I had to change out of my adorable outfit :( and head over to school. But I had a great morning and met some great people. I can add another story to my modeling career, which has been such a great ride so far.

New Model Friends! (I'm in the center)
This weekend is my back to school fashion show and will write all about that as well! Thanks for reading! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving the comment! :)