Friday, January 25, 2013

Night out in Gangnam!

Some of the other models and I went out into the crazy awesome city last night!! So many lights and things to see. This is what I expected in Korea. The streets were packed with people, you had to keep dodging people. Did I mention it was also freezing??? About 12 degrees Farenheit! Ahhh! After walking down some of the city streets we decided to find a place to eat.

A packed street! Yes, you also have to watch out for the cars coming down the street. :)



The restaurant was fun because we got to sit on the floor Asian style! We had to take off our shoes and sit on the pillows. It was so relaxing! Why don't we do that in the U.S.?
I apologize for the blurry picture, but you get the point! 
We ordered some food which wasn't truly Korean. But it did come with the famous Kimchi. I've tried Kimchi multiple times before, but I have not become a fan. Ugh, the flavor of the cabbage is so strong, and the spicy sauce they put on it is not tasty. At least not for me. So, I avoided it! :) We got some sort of crispy potato thing, which was good but not Korean, and then fried chicken, also not Korean. But it came with this soup and rice which had Korean flair. I have tried authentic Korean food a few times now, and have not really been a fan of its intense spiciness!!!. But I will post a later story on that. 

Dinner!
Dinner at another angle! :)


Kimchi. Yes. Yum. Not. 

Well it was a fun night!! We headed home and got out of the cold night. I really do enjoy the city. The sights are so different from back home. Still, I miss my Arizona mountains. :( Only about 6 weeks left here though! I have a lot to catch up on, so expect LOTS more posts! Thanks! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving the comment! :)