Friday, January 4, 2013

Eating Healthy

As a model, it's important that you eat healthy. You don't need to starve yourself or go on some crazy diet. I thought it would be difficult to get good meals when I got to Korea. For the first few days I was buying little sandwiches or snacks from stores or restaurants for each meal that came along. But sometimes it was difficult or annoying to always go out and buy a meal. So my roommates helped me find the local grocery store and I stocked up on food! That way, after a busy, long day I can just chill at home and make dinner or lunch.

Here are a few of the things I bought at the store:
-Eggs
-Cereal
-Yogurt
-Milk
-Fruits (Bananas, Apples, Strawberries, etc.)
-Veggies (Broccoli, potatoes, corn, carrots, and bell peppers are good to put in meals)
- Soup (easy to heat up for lunch)
-Pasta/Noodles
-Tomato Sauce/ any pasta sauce
-Crackers, Nuts, Snacks

Those are just a few things I got to have for meals. I was very proud of my last meal last night! Although it wasn't extremely flavorful, it was good and filling! It was super simple, I think it will be great for other models to use who are on trips and have limited resources!

(Makes 1 Serving)
What you will need:
-Broccoli
-Potatoes (2 small or 1 large)
-Butter
-Salt/Pepper (or other flavoring)
-Noodles (I used ramen noodles because they were so cheap!)

1. Boil some hot water (fill it halfway for a small pot, and a third for a larger pot) for a few minutes. (Add a little butter for creaminess!)
2. Watch potatoes and slice them into bite-sized wedges. Put them in the microwave for a minute.
3. Wash broccoli and cut up. Put them in a dish and put aside.
4. Grab the potatoes and put some butter and pepper to taste on them.
5. Add the noodles to the now boiling water. Add a little salt/pepper/flavoring.
6. Stir the noodles and boil them for about 6-8 minutes depending on how much your water is boiling.
7. When the noodles are done, remove them from the pot and strain the water out of it. Pour the noodles into your bowl and add a little more butter and salt/pepper/flavoring to mix around.
8. Fill the pot with more water (a little less than you used for the pasta) and add the broccoli and potatoes. Add some butter to the water and salt/pepper.
9. Cover this pot with a lid to steam the veggies and makes them soft. It will take about 10 minutes or more depending on how much your water is boiling.
10. Stir the veggies and water.
11. Once the veggies are as soft as you would like them (poke them with a spoon or fork!) strain them and add them to your noodles!!
12. Add any last seasonings to your liking and enjoy!!

With this meal, I had some leftovers because it was actually quite filling!! Sorry the measurements and times aren't super accurate, but with your judgment, I'm sure you can cook this meal to your liking!! Hope you enjoy!! Keep checking back for more recipes!! Questions? Ask in the comment box!

My finished meal! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving the comment! :)