Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Complications and Decisions

As I was letting it settle in that I would soon be a model, my relatives had heard about it and were very supportive. My uncle's girlfriend was a former Elite model and showed some pictures to her friend working at Elite. He loved the pictures and I was asked to give Elite a video about myself. I sent in the 2 minute video telling about my school, sports, places I've been and so on. At this point I hadn't signed with JANI Model Management yet and my mom was still exploring options. We (my mom and I) hadn't heard from Elite in a while after sending the video, and JANI kept contacting me for photoshoots and jobs. I was torn; if I went to a photoshoot with JANI I pretty much had to sign with them. But what if Elite responded and wanted me? What road should I take? My mom and I spent many nights discussing the pros and cons of each. Finally Elite responded, but wanted a Skype interview now! We set that up, and in the five minute call they asked me about myself (again!) and had me stand up, show my profile, and talk a little about what it would be like being with Elite. It was successful, they seemed to like me and kept calling me "super cute". :) I was really nervous, and it turned out to be a really short call. They contacted me and my mom a few days later and said that they loved me but it would be difficult developing me since I wasn't in Miami, where they were located. But they left it so in the future if I ever wanted to pursue the Elite road, it was open for me. Since Elite was interested in me, that proved that I had what it took to become a model.

That was when my mom and I decided to sign with JANI. The local agency was a good start. I had little experience and through this agency I could learn all I needed before I am released into the large modeling world. I set up a photoshoot with Maral Jorjani, the founder of JANI.

I'll talk about my first photoshoot in my next post, so keep checking back!! Thanks! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving the comment! :)